Menu Close

If I Pay Child Support Why Don’t I Have Visitation Rights?

In order for a father who was not married to the mother to obtain time-sharing with the minor child, a paternity action requesting time-sharing must be filed. Often child support actions are filed by the state.

The courts generally require a separate paternity action be filed in order to request time-sharing.

However, since time-sharing can reduce a child support obligation, a father not only benefits by enjoying time with his child(ren) but also benefits financially by filing this action.

If you have more questions on this topic or need help with your family law issue, contact us today at 954-299-5957 for a Free Consultation or email us.

Call Now