Menu Close

How Long Before I Have To Answer After Being Served With Papers

If you have been served with papers, you have 20 days from the date you are served to file a Responsive Pleading.

That does not always mean an answer.

There are times when a Motion to Dismiss should be filed instead.

It is important to file your Motion to Dismiss first as failing to do so may waive your right to request dismissal later.

Consulting with an attorney before filing an Answer is generally recommended.

If you have more questions on this topic or need help with your family law issue, contact us today at 954-299-5957 for a Free Consultation or email us.

Call Now