Menu Close

Can I File An Annulment Instead Of A Divorce?

Generally, filing for an annulment instead of a divorce is not recommended.

There are only rare situations where annulments have been granted by the court.

Annulments are mostly governed by case law instead of by statute, giving court’s a lot of discretion in granting or denying same. Often, it is better to simply file a dissolution of marriage.

If you prefer to try an annulment instead, you may wish to speak to an attorney to determine your chances of success.

If you have more questions on this topic or need help with your family law issue, contact us today at 954-299-5957 for a Free Consultation or email us.

Call Now